Spinal Stenosis or Sciatica?
Back Pain of Spondylosis of the Spine
Spinal Stenosis is an narrowing of the spinal column (stenosis) that may occur in any of the regions of the spine. It is most commonly associated with Cervical Spondylosis, Lumbar Spondylosis and Cervical Myelopathy. It is sometimes referred to as Spondylosis of the spine.
Cervical Spondylosis - Upper Back
Spondylosis is a term meaning degenerative osteoarthritis of the joints between the nerves and the spinal vertebrae. It is sometimes referred to as spondylosis of the spine. If the condition is more severe, it may cause pressure on nerve endings and cause excruciating pain, paresthesia, or muscle weakness in the limbs.
Cervical Myelopathy Symptoms
Direct pressure on the spinal cord (typically in the cervical or upper part of the spine) may result in myelopathy. The symptoms of Cervical Myelopathy are usually as follows:
- general weakness,
- trouble walking in a straight line,
- the loss of balance,
- loss of bowel and/or bladder control.
Lumbar Spondylosis - Lower Back
If it is affecting the lower back region, then it is referred to as Lumbar Spondylosis. It has the same basic characteristics as Cervical Spondylosis, just lower in the back area.
Symptoms of Spondylosis
The main spondylosis symptoms are as follows:
- severe pain in the neck,
- pain in the shoulders,
- pain in the arms,
- pain in the back,
- pain in the legs,
- all accompanied by muscle weakness in the affected area
These symptoms are associated with Repetitive Strain Injuries, like working on a computer, or doing some other repetitive task using and overextending the same muscles and joints over time. Ergonomics can play a part in helping reduce the occurrences of spondylosis.
Holistic Spondylosis Treatment
Standard medical treatments involve surgery and pain medications. These may help you temporarily but they seldom will help rid you of this permanently. Fortunately, holistic spondylosis treatment therapies exist that allow you to naturally come back into proper alignment.
Chiropractic care can help you with more range of movement and temporarily ease the pain from spondylosis. Proper exercise, stretching and ergonomic posture play a big role in complete recovery. As do taking some natural healing supplements.
Preventative Measures (Post Recovery – After you recover from a serious back arthritis flare)
Water exercise or aerobics (swimming or walking in a pool with lukewarm water)
Resistance Training (lifting light to moderate weight) which shows the best exercise programs for every body system, which is usually referred to as a total body workout. Be sure to warm up and ride a bicycle or cardio equipment before you begin resistance training
- Posture Training - The Alexander Technique is really great for this. Proper Posture is very important in getting arthritis pain relief and this is also taught in the Feldenkrais (highly recommended) method and Dorn methods which are similar and can help you never experience a back ache or joint ache again!
- Ergonomics – Proper Ergonomic Posture reduces stress on your back and joints.
Yoga, Tai-Chi, Qi-Gong (these combine stretching, strengthening as well as meditation, which will lower your cortisol and blood pressure)
Lower Back Pain Help
Learn to Stretch you back when you get a flare and stop the pain. Click on the following picture for a lower back pain relief DVD available at Amazon:
You will probably want to reduce any repetitive motions if possible. If you must perform them, take frequent breaks, and learn proper stretching methods. Also, as with any form of arthritis you should prevent any infections from happening in your body as this may an underlying cause of arthritis.
Maintain your body in a alkaline state and reduce your dietary acid intake. Then rebuild and nourish your joints. Finally you might want to get some natural pain relief until you no longer have this condition. Follow the simple guidelines below and prevent Spinal Stenosis or Arthritis from attacking you ever again:
Prevent and Treat Infections:
- Zapper - Consider getting a Clark Zapper which kills pathogens electronically
- Medicinal Mushrooms (will reset your immune system, so it will function normally and stop attacking your body and joints)
- Zeolites - Get rid of the Infections and Heavy Metal Deposits
Reduce Acid and Alkalize Your Body (Dissolve Hard Calcium Deposits)
- Arthritis Diet – eat some fruits and vegetables every day if you can.
- Drink Purified Water – No Tap or Unpurfied Bottled Water (It has chlorine, calcium, pharmaceuticals, fluoride, etc). Look at getting a home Reverse Osmosis (RO) water filtration system if you can. Or at least get your water from a water store that uses RO.
- Add an Alkalizing agent to your beverages
- Ionic Minerals – Take orally once per day. (Will Alkalize your body and quench acidity)
- Magnesium – The calcium balancer that is most forgotten in our society, the result is arthritis. Take a magnesium supplement and eat foods rich in magnesium (Raw Cacao, also known as Organic Dark Chocolate is a really good source).
Rebuild and Cushion Your Joints Naturally
- MSM - (Methylsulfonomethane) is a natural sulfur compound found in almost all living tissues. It can not only soothe your joints but it can also make your skin and hair more youthful and radiant. (They recommend it for dogs for their fur as in eggs, a food naturally high in sulfur). Take 5-10 grams of this natural sulfur supplement in divided doses each day.
- Vitamin C - Combine this with MSM to triple the effects of each.
- Camu Camu – Is a natural plant substance that is the highest in Vitamin C in the world.
- Silica – This natural ingredient also helps you grow stronger hair follicles and fingernails. It forms the coating over your joints . Take Silica (Orgono Living Silica is by far the best) but you can also get it from herbs like horsetail or cat’s claw.
- Hydrate Your Joints – Take Mega Hydrate which penetrates into your joint socket and lubricates it.
- Glucosamine Chondroitin MSM - Best if it also has Vitamin-C and Ginger for Joint Wall Health.
Arthritis Pain Relief
- DMSO, Silicium G5 Gel or Orgono Living Silica Gel applied topically can help bring very rapid pain relief (DMSO is a highly absorbable form of MSM).
- Arthritis Exercises – Do some walking or yoga stretching every day.
- Zapper - Consider getting a Clark Zapper which increases circulation and reduces pain.
You can find all the above items listed reviewed separately under the the Arthritis Remedies menu.
I highly recommend the Complete Healing Formula for Back Pain by the Back Institute. It can completely heal years of back pain and sciatica in 21 days! With 98% relief in only 3 days. Highly Recommended! Just click on the DVD and box below and you'll be amazed at how quickly you can heal 100%.
Visit my other websites for more great natural health tips: